- trt: 10 mins.
- production dates: may 29 - august 26, 2004
- language: english
- shot entirely on location: Los Angeles, Studio City and the Mojave Desert, California, and Chicago & Lombard, IL, USA .
- hardware used: panasonic dvx100a (24p)
- softwares used: Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, After Effects, Maya, Photoshop.
- formats available for exhibition: beta sp, dvd, mini-dv, vhs (ntsc & pal for all), digibeta available upon request.
- producer's note:
"My husband was sent to Kuwait and Iraq for 3.5 months in 2003 to cover the war for a major network news organization. He came back safe and sound, but I've been haunted by the fact that some of his colleagues' wives and companions around the world were not as lucky as I. This film is basically an artistic expression of my worst nightmare. It is not an upbeat film, to be sure, but I felt it was important to paint a realistic picture of the grief and despair one could face if left behind in a world that seems to be more and more surreal." - Dawn Westlake, Los Angeles, Ca, June 8, 2004.
All correspondence regarding "The Pawn" should be addressed to:
- Dawn Westlake - Ron de Caña Prods., Inc.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org